What does mortgage protection insurance cover?
As the name suggests, mortgage protection insurance covers your mortgage payments. So if you are unable to work and pay your mortgage, your policy can step in and cover the payments – leaving you to concentrate on getting back to work.
Mortgage protection plans tend not to cover:
- Forced redundancy or dismissal for poor performance;
- The natural end of seasonal or contract work;
- Unemployment if you had prior knowledge of redundancy risk;
- Pre-existing and chronic medical conditions;
- Self-inflicted medical conditions;